Need Help Finding A Job?
Career Moves@JVS offers customized one-on-one and group job search and career counseling services targeting the professional level job seeker and career changer. We have offices in Newton and Boston.
Visit us at www.career-moves.org and/or call us at (617) 399-3162 for more information.
Women Working Together Job Search Strategy Group - SIGN UP NOW!
Are you struggling to land a job in today’s competitive market? You may be eligible for Women Working Together (WWT). Click to learn more.
Diana O'Brien, MEd, LCSW
(508) 875-3100 x300
FAMILY ASSISTANCE NETWORK
The JFS Family Assistance Network provides confidential and respectful assistance to individuals and families in Metrowest to help them meet the short-term challenges resulting from urgent financial difficulties. Our goal is to help households remain independent and financially self-sufficient though a comprehensive array of coordinated services. Cash assistance will be available on an income eligibility basis. Services provided include:
- Intake and assessment of assistance needs
- Service plan development and follow-up
- Elder care services
- Connecting families to service networks
- Financial literacy education and guidance
Cash assistance paid directly to vendors for:
- Fuel and heating assistance
- Utilities/household items
- Medical needs/health care/prescriptions
- Food/nutritional supplements
- Legal Assistance referrals through Metrowest Legal Aide
- Emergency food assistance/utilization of the Lucy and Joe Food Pantry
- Information & Referral
Ready For Success: Accelerating Mid/Late Career Workforce Re-entry for Individuals
**Ready For Success is NOT a career exploration, resume development or interview preparation program.
The goal is to assist individuals in crossing the employment finish line- landing a job.**
Who is eligible: Are you Ready for Success?
- Mid to late career status
- Long term unemployed (6 months or longer) from your primary career employment
- Under-employed or working part-time
- Individuals must be clear about employment goals, have an up to date resume and must have applied for at least 3 jobs in the past 3 months
- Willingness to be a very engaged and active participant..there will be memos of understanding that define mutual responsibilities and roles for participation
- This pilot program is limited to 18 participants at a time